- What are the side effects of COVID-19 Vaccination ?
WHO classified side effects in to 4 such as mild to moderate, common, less common and long term.
Mild-to-moderate side effects includes, low-grade fever or muscle aches, and are normal. They are signs that the body’s immune system is responding to the vaccine.
Common side effects include pain at the injection site, fever, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, chills and diarrhea. The chances of any of these side effects occurring after vaccination differ according to the specific vaccine.
Less common side effects lasting more than three days, it included severe allergic reactions such as anaphylaxis. However, this reaction is extremely rare.
- How to minimize side effects of post COVID-19 vaccination ?
– Stay well-hydrated and take proper rest after vaccination for at least 2 days,
– Apply a cold bag or ice pack on arm / site of injection,
– Stay mobile by frequently moving the injected arm at the shoulder,
– Anti pyretic or analgesic medications (acetaminophen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) may be taken to avoid post vaccinated symptoms.
- Can one get COVID-19 infection even after getting vaccinated ?
Vaccines may not provide 100% protection against COVID-19, but the vaccine significantly reduces the risk of severe disease even after came in to contact with patients. Since vaccine improves the immunity in a good extent.
- Chance of reinfection in COVID-19 patients ?
The research conducted by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), out of the 1300 cases, 58 or 4.5% cases were termed as possible reinfections. So those who are previously been infected with COVID-19, had a lesser chance for reinfection.
- Efficacy of COVID 19 Vaccines ?
– Bharath Biotech’s Covaxin : 100% against severe infection; 78% against mild, moderate and severe; 70% against asymptomatic
–https://chemologyhub.com/2021/05/05/approved-covid-19-vaccines/AstraZeneca (Covishield): Currently about 70% overall.
– Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine : About 95%. Apparently 100% at preventing hospitalization and death.
– Moderna : About 95%. Apparently 100% at preventing hospitalization and death.
– Sputnic V : 91.4%
– Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) : 66% efficacy at preventing symptomatic COVID-19 infections,100% effective at preventing hospitalizations and death.
– Sinovac : 50.38% to 91.25%
– Novavax : 89.3%
– CanSino Biologics vaccine : 65.7% at preventing symptomatic cases, 90.98% efficacy in preventing severe disease.
- What are the ingredients of different COVID-19 vaccines ?
– COVAXIN contains 6μ g of whole-virion inactivated SARS-CoV-2 antigen (Strain: NIV-2020-770), and the other inactive ingredients such as aluminum hydroxide gel (250 μg), TLR 7/8 agonist (imidazoquinolinone) 15 μg, 2-phenoxyethanol 2.5 mg, and phosphate buffer saline up to 0.5 ml. The vaccine (COVAXINTM) thus has been developed by using inactivated/killed virus along with the aforementioned chemicals.
– COVISHIELD Vaccine includes the following ingredients: L-Histidine, L-Histidine hydrochloride monohydrate, Magnesium chloride hexa-hydrate, Polysorbate 80, Ethanol, Sucrose, Sodium chloride, Disodium edetate dihydrate (EDTA), Water for injection.
– Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine contain mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl) azanediyl) bis (hexane-6,1-diyl) bis (2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N, N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.
– Sputniv V contains a modified replication-defective adenovirus of a different serotype (Serotype 26 for the first component and serotype 5 for the second), modified to include the protein S-expressing gene of SARS-CoV-2, Tris-(hydroxymethyl)-aminomethane, Sodium chloride, Sucrose,Magnesium chloride hexahydrate, Disodium EDTA dihydrate, Polysorbate 80, Ethanol, and Water.
– The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine, tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate trihydrate, and sucrose.
– The Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients:recombinant, replication-incompetent adenovirus type 26 expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, citric acid monohydrate, trisodium citrate dihydrate, ethanol, 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin (HBCD), polysorbate-80, sodium chloride.
Disclaimer: The information included at this site is for educational purposes only.